Northwest Accreditation Commission/AdvancED
NORTHWEST PARTNERSHIP ACCREDITATION
The Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC)/ AdvancED facilitates the partnership recognition of qualified Northwest Partner accrediting associations serving private schools. There are seven agencies engaged in a Northwest Partner relationship with NWAC/AdvancED:
- Assembly of God (ACTS)
- Christian Schools International (CSI)
- National Independent Private Schools Association (NIPSA)
- National Lutheran Schools (NLSA)
- Northwest Association of Independent School (NWAIS)
- Seventh Day Adventists (SDA)
- Western Catholic Educational Association (WCEA)
Northwest Accreditation Commission/ AdvancED procedures and supporting materials clearly outline the Northwest Partner Accreditation process and procedures.
The Northwest partner agencies annually recommend schools to receive NWAC/AdvancED accreditation through the partnership. The schools must have completed a self-study and been approved by the agencies’ Accreditation Commission. Every three years the agency must provide an interim report to the AdvancED Northwest Regional Office with updates related to the AdvancED NWAC procedures regarding Northwest Partner Accreditation. This procedure is designed to review the 14 points in the NW Partners Program Procedures with the intent of updating information related to the agency’s accreditation standards and protocol.
The following outline provides an overview of the Third-party process. Questions may be directed to Leonard Paul, AdvancED Regional Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-413-3669 ext. 5756.
Report to the AdvancED Northwest Regional Office:
The Northwest partner accreditation agency has an established procedure to report the following to the AdvancED Northwest Regional Office.
- Submit an application, application fee plus the first year’s annual fees.
Annually each NW Partner Agency must:
- Submit a report listing the partner schools. Due October 1 to the Northwest Regional Office at email@example.com.
- Ensure each of its schools updates its data on AMS, Due November 1.
- Stand willing to allow an NWAC/AdvancED representative to attend the exit meeting at the conclusion of an on-site visit for any of its partner schools.
- Allow for the attendance of the Northwest Regional Director at its Commission meetings where NNW Partner schools are approved.
- Review changes in the AdvancED Standards to assure that its standards and assessment materials are in alignment.
- Ensure that its schools are meeting their financial obligation (payment of fees) to NWAC/AdvancED.
Tri Annually each NW partner Agency must:
- Report its compliance with NWAC/AdvancED fourteen partnership requirements.
As necessary each NW partner Agency must:
- Report substantive changes to the AdvancED Northwest Accreditation Commission.